Harvard’s Laboratory for Culture, Cognition and Coevolution in the Department of Human Evolutionary Biology is is seeking a lab manager to coordinate, organize and conduct laboratory related activities. Perfect for someone just graduating and thinking about graduate school.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Data collection and management and preliminary statistical analysis
- Data visualization and GIS map-making
- Scheduling, human subject ethics protocol management, and behavioral coding
- Creating, maintaining and updating websites, editing manuscripts, conducting library research, maintaining a lab calendar and coordinating lab activities
- Administrative tasks such as submitting receipts and conference reimbursements
This position provides extensive research experience and is ideal for recent college graduates planning to attend graduate school in the future.
College background and one year of related work experience. Relevant coursework may count toward experience.
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Economics, Biology, or related field strongly preferred.
- Experience or skills in statistics (especially R), Global Information Systems, computer programming (Python) and data visualization. If not familiar, must demonstrate ability to learn independently.
- Experience working in research assistance, including submitting IRBs.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to learn and enthusiasm for understanding human nature and cultural evolution.
- Language skills a plus, but not required.
Full advert here: https://bit.ly/3cUuvEh.
Learn about the lab: https://coevolution.fas.