The HBES Executive Council is now soliciting funding applications from HBES members for an October 1, 2020 deadline.
Two grants are available for this round of funding:
1. General Funding Grant, which is intended to subsidize costs associated with hosting events such as conferences and pre-conference meetings, workshops, and other activities or educational opportunities related to the mission of HBES.
HBES will fund proposals of up to $5,500 (we do not fund honoraria).
Priority is given to proposals that:
- Benefit junior scholars (and, especially students) either directly, through subsidizing travel and cost of attendance to events or, indirectly, through educational opportunities afforded by the funding;
- Have a broad, wide-reaching impact; and
- Support is not easily available through other channels.
2. Student Funding Grant, which is intended to subsidize the cost of hosting a guest speaker at the student’s home institution. The topic of the guest speaker must be related to the mission of HBES.
HBES will fund proposals of up to $2,500 to subsidize travel, accommodation, and event costs for the speaker (we do not fund honoraria).
Funding is limited to one funded proposal per institution, per year.
The student applicant is required to submit a written report to the council following the event.
See our Funding page for details, submission guidelines, and submission links.
Not an HBES member? Join or renew today!