Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Psychology Position at Murdoch University
- Continuous, Full Time (37.5 hours)
- Base Salary $115k plus 17% employer superannuation contributions
- Salary Packaging opportunities
- Ref: 130591/4190A01
At Murdoch, we pride ourselves on our diverse and vibrant workplace. We are committed to the recruitment and development of skilled and passionate people, who want to make a difference to the world around them. With more than 23,000 students and 1,700 staff across three campuses in the Perth area as well as centres in Singapore and Dubai, Murdoch has an ambitious agenda both locally and internationally.
For undergraduate studies, the psychology discipline was rated top in Australia in overall experience in the Good Universities Guide ranking 2020/2021.
The successful applicant will conduct research in any area of psychology, apply innovative teaching methods in any area of psychology at undergraduate psychology courses and fourth year psychology courses. The expected candidate will coordinate units and courses and must be confident in the use of technology for teaching.
What you’ll bring to this role
- A PhD in an area relevant to appointment.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching in the discipline or profession, or two or more years of postdoctoral or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work under broad direction only, exercise initiative in undertaking responsibilities and work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in high quality independent research, with an established record of scholarly publications.
- Demonstrated capacity to produce grant applications, with a track record in the generation of research funding (either independently or as part of a research team).
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to successfully supervise honours, postgraduate and HDR students.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary approaches to curriculum and pedagogy.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary and collegial team.
- Demonstrated high levels of written and oral communication skills in English.